Download MakeupMirror - A quick little program for getting a glance at yourself. [92 KB]
MakeupMirror Source Code
Download MakeupMirror Source Code [100 KB]
"Why?", you ask. In the film, The Devil Wears Prada, I noticed the employees giving themselves a quick check at their desk with their computer's built-in camera. We ought to be able to do that. So, I wrote MakeupMirror.
Unlike Photobooth, you can make MakeupMirror full screen. MakeupMirror has handy commmands to:
- magnify - 2X digital zoom
- pause - freeze the current image
- time delay - display what the camera saw 15 seconds ago, for checking your back.
Plus the basic Macintosh commands you'd expect:
- save - as a JPEG file
- print - send the current camera image to the printer.
- hide and show the toolbar - using the gray knob at the top right of the window titlebar.
- change the toolbar display style - <Command> click on that gray knob to cycle through toolbar display moodes.
- resize - You can make the video window any size you want.
And the advanced Macintosh commands that every application ought to have.
- online help - On the help menu, of course.
- Applescript enabled - Script Editor will show you MakeupMirror's scripting dictionary.
Version 1.0 - initial release
Version 1.0.1 - hides cursor if it is over the video and not moving.
Xcode 3.1. Apache license.
Compatibility: Macintosh OS X 10.4 or later. Macintosh Intel or PowerPC.
Other Source Code by David Phillip Oster
Page last modified April 1, 2009